Setting Up Your Surround Studio
Setting Up Your Surround Studio DVD-R-AI | 2.4 GB
Everything you need to know to get mixing in surround now.
“Setting Up Your Surround Studio,” a DVD-Video/ROM disc featuring renowned producer/engineer Bobby Owsinski, is the quickest and most effective way for the studio owner, engineer, musician or producer to get up and running in 5.1 surround sound. Designed to answer all of the “How To” questions that engineers face when tackling their first surround session, this unique disc not only provides a peek into actual surround tracking and mixing sessions, but contains many essential “hands-on” tools such as surround track sheets, media prep worksheets, channel ID’s and calibration tools as well. The DVD-ROM portion of the disc also contains PDF files of the important elements for hard copy referral.
Among the topics covered include:
- History of surround sound.
- Different types of surround.
- How to choose the right monitor system for your application.
- The lowdown on bass management.
- The Monitor Controller.
- Why just any sub won’t do.
- Fast and easy speaker calibration that works every time.
- The truth about 96k and the traps to avoid when using it.
- How to get extra surround mileage from your existing stereo console.
- Mixing in surround; how the program guides your placement.
- Why mixing to picture is different than music.
- Why different channel assignments exist.
- Why proper documentation is more essential than ever before.
- How to prepare your media to avoid problems down the line.
- What you need to know about authoring, pre-mastering and digital encoding.
More Info: http://redi.se/1k4
Setting Up Your Surround Studio DVD-R-AI