Sonnox Oxford VST Plugins BundlePack WiN
TEAM AiR | 09/2007 | 34 MB
Sonnox Oxford Plug-ins include: The SuprEsser, a highly efficient de-esser and dynamic EQ; The Restore Suite for sophisticated audio restoration; and most recently, the revolutionary Fraunhofer Pro-Codec, a real-time plug-in for auditioning and encoding audio to multiple formats including iTunes. The Sonnox design team continues to embrace new technology, supporting both Avid’s ProTools | HDX and Universal Audio’s UAD-2 platforms as well as most popular native workstations.
Sonnox Oxford Reverb
The Oxford Reverb plug-in is a highly flexible stereo reverberation generator, designed to complement existing Sonnox Oxford applications in providing the user with the highest technical and sonic performance coupled with artistic and creative facility. As well as providing stunning presets, the user has full control over all of its many parameters, including a very comprehensive early reflections section, and integrated 5-band EQ. The Sonnox Oxford Reverb allows the powerful facility to create virtual spaces freely, depending on artistic need, ranging from dry reflection ambiences, room and hall simulations, sound effects, all the way to wide open reverberant spaces with a very large range of possible texture and spatial character.
- Extremely flexible reverberation generator.
- Detailed control over early reflections.
- Bring sounds forward or push them back.
- High quality Sonnox Oxford sound.
- Incorporated 5-band parametric EQ.
- Over 100 realistic, useful presets for music & post-production.
Sonnox Oxford Inflator
The Inflator is a unique process that can provide an increase in the apparent loudness of almost any programme, without obvious loss of quality or audible reduction of dynamic range, yet avoiding damaging increases in the peak level of the signal. The inflator process can also bring power, presence and warmth to programme material and even provide headroom overload margin above digital maximum with a subtlety and musical character reminiscent of tube systems.
Use the Inflator to produce louder mixes than you thought possible without overloads or compression pumping, or use it to add natural warmth and character to acoustic or jazz mixes.
- Increases the loudness of almost any programme material.
- Creates warmth, character and dynamic excitement, similar to that of analogue systems.
- Provides virtual headroom above digital maximum to allow percussive peaks to pass without causing signal overload.
- Creates artistic effects ranging from subtle tube-like harmonic characteristics for warmth, presence and ‘in your face’ fatness, to outright saturation distortion modelling.
- Features two modes of operation – direct and band split – for maximum flexibility and artistic creativity. These two modes also ensure optimal DSP usage.
Sonnox Oxford Limiter
The Oxford Limiter has been developed from decades of professional audio experience to provide a very high degree of quality and facility in programme loudness control and limiting functions. By employing highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing, along with innovative adaptive timing functionality using look ahead signal acquisition, the limiter provides exemplary performance, whether one is seeking general transparent level control, programme loudness maximisation or heavily applied artistic sound effects.
Unique processing in the form of the Enhance function provides the sample value limiting needed to reliably avoid overloads in digital workstation environments and allows unprecedented volume and punch to be applied to programme beyond that available from conventional limiting functions.
Comprehensive metering is provided which displays not only conventional peak sample value, but additionally allows the user to monitor the true validity of the programme in order to avoid the generation of damaging reconstruction overloads in the target equipment which are often invisible during production (sometimes termed ‘inter sample peaks’).
A further function allows the user to dynamically correct for reconstruction overloads in real time, thereby achieving maximum possible modulation levels without the risks of producing illegal signals often associated with compression and limiting.
Comprehensive dithering functionality with selectable and variable depth noise shaping ensures first class mastering output quality in either 24 bit or 16 bit modes.
- Unique Enhance section – provides sample value limiting and enhances perceived loudness
- Ability to add harmonic distortion, where artistic style requires
- Variable soft knee control
- Attack and Release controls
- Reconstruction Meter shows ‘actual’ signal rather than sampled signal
- Auto compensate feature – corrects recon errors without losing overall programme loudness
- 16 and 24 bit dithering with 5 selectable types
- User has control over variable depth noise shaping
- 16 presets – some quite extreme !
Sonnox Oxford Dynamics
The Oxford Dynamics plug-in is modeled on the extremely flexible and capable unit used in the OXF-R3 professional mixing console. Resulting from many years research into professional dynamics applications, it offers separate Compress, Limit, Expand, Gate and side chain EQ functions, with full independent control of all parameters. Features such as selectable time constant curves and variable soft compress functions allow the user to confidently tackle all common uses of compression, from subtle unobtrusive level control and mastering functions to the production of great artistic effects. The use of a feed-forward architecture with logarithmic side chain processing, making use of look-ahead techniques, ensures exemplary sonic characteristics and dynamic accuracy, with an artistic capability simply unavailable from other single units, analogue or digital. This highly sophisticated and professional product has the power and flexibility to obviate the need for many of the separate applications most users keep for specific uses.
- Channel Dynamics with separately controlled sections for Compressor, Limiter, Gate and Expander.
- Channel Dynamics includes fully featured 2 Band side chain EQ which can also be used in signal path.
- Separate Bus Compressor / Limiter with surround multi-format support and selectable Sub channel filtering and gain contribution control.
- Selectable linear and exponential time constant curves.
- Highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing.
- Fully variable soft ratio function for extreme programme tolerance and highly musical compression.
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence and ‘punch’.
- Selectable re-dithering function for word length reduction in mastering situations.
- Extremely low signal path noise and distortion, below -130dBr.
- All functions are fully automated.
Sonnox Oxford EQ
The EQ plug-in is based on the OXF-R3 EQ section. It is a fully functional 5-band application with selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections. Additionally, separate variable slope low pass and high pass filters are provided. The EQ also features 4 different selectable EQ types that cover most of the EQ styles currently popular amongst professional users, including some legacy styles which are renowned for their artistic capability. The use of novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing design provides unparalleled performance that surpasses analogue EQ in both sound quality and artistic freedom. This plug-in may well provide all the EQ you ever needed.
- Five band parametric design
- LF and HF Filters providing up to 36dB/Octave
- Four different EQ types
- Fully decramped HF response
- Support for sample rates up to and including 192kHz
- Fully automatable (inc. separate automation for A and B settings)
- Includes six plug-ins in total for optimal DSP usage (Mono and Stereo versions of EQ, Filters, and EQ and Filters)
Sonnox Oxford Transient Modulator
The Transient Modulator is an application that allows dynamic level of signals to be modified by the transients in the programme material over time. The effect is to bring transient events in the programme forwards, or push them into to the background, such that the attacks of instruments can be accentuated or softened depending on settings.
- Radically changes the dynamics of instruments.
- Accentuates or flattens attacks and transients.
- Brings sounds forward or push them back.
- Increases or reduces the effects of ambience.
- Produces rounded and dynamic percussive effects.
- Hardens up and give life to dull or flat-sounding recordings and mixes, without the unwanted changes in overall timbre associated with multi-band compression techniques.
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence and ‘punch’.
- Increases overall modulation potential by the reduction of very short peaks.