TEAM DYNAMiCS | Jun 24, 2011 | 587.73 MB
Beatalogue is the fourth title in Ian Boddy´s Waveforms series of sample libraries. As a follow up to Drumalogue this one takes as it´s starting material a selection of electronic drum patterns and loops which are then fed through Boddy´s massive modular synth system. These are then filtered, mangled and generally messed up using a huge number of modules all in the analogue domain.
All the loops have between 3 and 5 variations and sonically range from sweet filtering all the way through to completely crunched and twisted mayhem. The quality of the distortion and overdrive achieved using these techniques gives the loops a gorgeous organic feel which is further heightened by the sound of the modular itself with it´s fuzzy warmness and tripping envelopes.
The sounds are also provided in Rex2 and Apple Loops format enabling them to be used at various tempos and dissected by the end user for their own purposes.
300 mono samples at 44.1Khz, 24 bit in WAV format.
All samples also provided in Rex2 & Apple Loops format.
Drum loops sourced from Logic Ultrabeat, NI Reaktor & Kontakt, Sonic Charge
Drum Loops filtered, mangled & messed up via the following analogue synthesisers:
- • Roland System 100-M
- • Analogue Systems
- • Doepfer A-100 modular system
- • Analogue Solutions
- • Livewire AFG, Vulcan & Dalek Modulators
- • Metasonix TM-2 Tube BP filter & R-53 Tube Waveshaper/Ring Mod
- • Flight of Harmony Plague Bearer
- • The Harvestman Malgorithm
- • WMD Geiger Counter
- • Make Noise QMMG
- • Minimoog
- • VCS3
Master tempo & auxillary voltage control provided by MOTU Volta via MOTU 828 interface.
– Recorded via TLAudio Ebony A2 tube stereo processor into Apple Mac using RME Fireface 400 audio interface.
– Samples edited in Bias Peak Pro 5.
– Rex2 files edited in RecycleV2.
– Apple loops edited in Apple Loops UtilityV3.
Ian Boddy Waveforms Beatalogue MULTiFORMAT-DYNAMiCS