East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra
Platinum & Pro XP
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum & Pro XP [19 DVD + 18 DVD] | ~ 140 GB
Recorded by 11-time Grammy nominated classical recording engineer Prof. Keith O. Johnson, the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA is the most awarded orchestral collection ever, and the only orchestral collection to be recorded in a “state of the art” concert hall where orchestras mainly perform.
EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Complete Features
- -64-bit* with 32-bit compatibility PC (*see system specifications)
- -Full memory access MAC (requires 64-bit MAC)
- -Mac Intel compatible
- -Intuitive custom interface
- -Intelligent Performance section including Portamento, Repetition, Legato, Round Robin Reset
- -Improved articulation window and controls
- -On screen mic position mixing (Platinum and Platinum Plus only)
- -Switch able 24-bit/16-bit depth (Platinum Plus only)
- -State of the art Convolution Reverb with pre-delay and additional Master control to route reverb to all instruments in an instance
- -Convolution includes hall orchestra was recorded in for additional control of hall ambience
- -Intelligent release trail engine that follows the note-on samples volume at all times, so release trails always match
- -Release trails unaffected by mod-wheel cross-fade programs, radical mod-wheel movements do not degrade release trails
- -Recall custom key-switches instantly
- -Key-switch sizes now unlimited
- -Improved sound quality with high-resolution audio engine
- -Hi fidelity one pole filter for natural cross-fades
- -Stereo image editing now possible using channel sourcing
- -Licenses included to install each section on multiple computers (Platinum and Platinum Plus, ilok required for each computer)
- -Original and Pro XP expansion combined into “complete” PLAY version
- -Silver to Gold to Platinum to Platinum Plus compatibility streamlined
- -Completely re-programmed for PLAY from the original recordings
To achieve the feel of a live concert hall performance, each instrument and section was recorded with three mic positions, close, stage (conductor‘s position) and hall. By selecting different mic positions, users can mix these sounds together to create any kind of natural ambience their project requires. This eliminates the need for artificial reverb.
The EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Complete PLAY Edition eclipses all others with the highest level of fidelity and realism. Get that big “Hollywood Sound” film/tv/games directors and producers seek “out of the box”, no other orchestral collection comes close or is as easy to use! Symphonic Orchestra has already come out on top in a recent roundup of orchestral collections for its level of warmth and detail. Now with the incorporation of PLAY, users of the upgraded EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Complete PLAY Edition will experience the benefits of the new sample engine immediately. With the typical orchestral composition encompassing a large amount of instruments, EastWest ‘s PLAY software will streamline the process by allowing many more instruments to be loaded at one time than with previous systems.
Beyond the orchestra’s phenomenal recording quality is its ability to breathe life into the virtual world, creating a real space and filling it with sound. In the past, this meant adding reverb and effects, further digitizing and degrading the overall quality of your music. EastWest & Quantum Leap accomplish this through separately recording the natural hall ambience after the instrument has stopped playing until the sound has actually ceased. The software triggers this “release trail” at the end of every note and adjusts the dynamics so that the samples blend seamlessly, truly placing the listener in the hall with the orchestra.
Each instrument and orchestral section is chromatically sampled at three different mic positions (close, stage and hall) allowing you to mix together instantly within the included PLAY sampler (PLATINUM and PLATINUM PLUS versions only) any combination for the ultimate in real-time tone and ambience control.
EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Complete System Requirements:
- -32-bit standalone and plug-in versions included.
- -64-bit PC VST (host must support 64-bit VST plugins) and standalone versions included.
- -Supported Interfaces
- -WIN: VST, ASIO, DirectSound, RTAS
- -MAC: VST, Audio Units, Core Audio, RTAS
- -Up to 194GB Free Hard Disc Space
- -DVD drive
PC Minimum Requirements:
- -P4 2.5Ghz (Core 2 Duo 2.5Ghz or faster processor recommended)
- -2GB RAM (4GB RAM recommended)
- -Windows XP SP 2 or Vista (64-bit OS and host recommended)
- -Sound card with ASIO drivers