Hammr + KONTAKT
SYNTHiC4TE | May 26 2014 | 572 MB
Hammr+, a virtual tonewheel organ instrument library for KONTAKT. You’d be right in thinking that he last thing the world needs is another Hammond clone, and I would be the first to agree, but the Hammr+ is a little different. Of course she oozes classic character and has all the capabilities you’d expect of a tonewheel organ, but in true Sound Dust style this thing takes a huge leap of the imagination and moves way past the limitations of the original. By taking advantage of sampling technology and bespoke Kontakt architecture and a little bit of imagination Hammr+ can do things that were inconceivable in the original 1959 instrument.
- Every note of every drawbar of an unmentionable tonewheel organ sampled for 7 secs through a 1959 Leslie cabinet for around 1GB of uncompressed samples.
- Individual control of volume, pan, ADSR, vibrato, saturation (amount, bass and tone) and tremolo (speed, fade and depth ) for every drawbar.
- Percussion 2nd and 3rds available at the same time, with control of octave and decay time.
- Note off volume and decay control.
- Velocity sensitivity control.
- CC11 hardwired to volume for expression pedal swells.
- Leslie simulator with speed, treble/bass balance and distance controls.
- 69 specially recorded reverb impulses from a variety of real spaces and classic gear.
- Cabinet re-micing through a choice of 11 speaker cabinets.
- Dirt, morphing EQ and master EQ effects.
- Dirty contacts control adds small amounts of timing variation to note on /off to mimic the effects of aging key contacts.
- 70 presets including 30 classic sounds.
- Chaos and reset controls for painless sound design.
- Master/slave control system for quick adjustment of group controls.
- Built in user manual.
- It sounds great!