Rust Vol.1 v2.0 KONTAKT
KRock | Oct 2, 2012 | 502.3 MB
Rust Vol. 1 is an eclectic but deep collection of metallic percussion “instruments” recorded in a variety of natural environments. Some objects are roughly tuned to a musical pitch, while others are raw, jagged and purely percussive. This first volume focuses on classic small objects and found sounds, such as metal racks, paint cans, soda cans, magnetic balls, steel pipes, brass hardware, a musical saw and odd bits of furniture, along with large structures like mine shaft gates, steel tunnels, towering stairways and massive structural I-Beams.
While a few of the instruments were recorded in one of our favorite large halls or our recording booths, many of these naturally captured sounds were recorded out in the real world, in a lot of uncontrolled and even noisy outdoor or public environments. But hey, when you’re trying to capture something strange or new, you can’t always micromanage everything around you. You may hear things like stray human voices, bird chirps, distant machinery, road noise, blowing wind or other random sounds hidden in the background of some samples. We consider that subtle coloring as all part of the character, flavor and authenticity unique to these instruments. We feel it’s better to have variety than to aim for sterile perfection, in our humble point of view.
For version 2.0, we’ve refined key mapping and zone placement, velocity layering, randomization, tuning and more. We’ve also incorporated a full range of user controls to allow total sonic shaping. We’ve also refined sample edits and added a collection of all-new ambient textures and sustaining content. Rust Vo. 1 is designed to be easy to use and inspiring to work with, with an incredible depth of sonic potential suitable for use in any musical and sound design genre.
* Version 1 of this library was originally published as “Rust 1” by Tonehammer.
Each preset offers realtime control over every aspect of the sound, allowing you to shape note Attack and sample Offset to create gentle, ghostly pad-like sounds from even the harshest impacts. The Release control let’s you tighten the sound into a sharp staccato click or ping in one moment, or a long ringing sustain the next. Tuning is easy, with the Stepping and main
Tune parameters. Our powerful Uberpeggiator allows complex, adaptive arpeggiations and you’ll find tempo-syncing resonant filter and volume LFOs build into nearly every preset. We’ve also included a parametric EQ and convolution reverb with over 50 room and FX impulses to choose from instantly.
We’ve also included our mighty Mega Mixer master preset, which lets you choose from any of the percussive elements in the library, load 10 of them dynamically, each with custom key-range, tuning and mapping to create your own ensembles, drum kits and tuned percussion orchestras. The Tuned Selector Ensemble presets give you instant access to sub-categorized collections of solo tuned percussion elements, with easy browsing and automatable instrument selection, while the standard ensemble presets lay it all out for you in convenient untuned drum-kits. Our Trusty Rumbones sustain bank includes 14 custom atmospheric sounds. that can be blended and shaped freely. The included Convolution Reverb effect features 51 select custom impulse responses recorded from some of our favorite locations. Among those are also fx impulses which are more special effect than reverb.
Deep Sampled Articulations:
Avg. 6-8 velocities w/ 8-10 rr pr. velocity
- – Black Diamond Mine Shaft – Bare handed pounding on the sides of a sand mine air shaft, outdoor.
- – Gigantic Bottles and Iron Chairs – metal and glass pounding on tile and glass surfaces in a large hall.
- – Brass Rail – Bare hands playing no a thin 4 foot long brass railing, muted and sustained in a dry room.
- – Saint Louis City Museum Caverns – Bare hands slapping on interior walls of giant steel tunnels
- – Coins – A whole lot of quarters in a small, bright hall.
- – Crowbar Strike – A standard 24” crowbar on concrete, close mic’d in a dry studio room.
- – Dolphin Point Bridge – Bare hands on the railing and support beams of a 100 foot long pedestrian bridge over a bayfront waterway.
- – Dumpster / Junkyard Orchestra – Hands, sticks, mallets and hammers against dumpsters and other junk.
- – Galvanized Nipples – galvanized steel pipes played against each other in a dry studio room.
- – Metal Racks – Large steel mesh equipment racks, played with drum sticks and wire, recorded in a semi-dry studio room.
- – Monkey Balls – Hematite egg thingies, banging together in a small, dry room.
- – Tuned Paint Can – An empty steel paint can, played bare handed in a small, dry studio room.
- – Bowed Saw – A standard saw played with a 4/4 scale violin bow in a small, bright hall.
- – Soda Can Tabs – Soda can tabs being plucked in a large, bright hall.
- – Stairwell Railing – Long steel handrails being struck with hard felt mallets in a dark basement stairwell, close-mic’d.
- – Tower Step Bang – Heavy work boots kicking a steel step in a 5 story glass tower, recorded from 40 feet up.
- – UMSL Observatory kinetic sculpture – Bare hands slapping on the steel sides of a gigantic outdoor wind sculpture
- – Willow Bridge – A long pedestrian bridge over a creak, played with bare hands, drumsticks and mallets.
NKI Program Presets:
- – This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later (Kontakt 5 is also supported).
- – The free Kontakt Player does not support this library.
- – 2,724 Samples (standard pcm wav)
- – 24 .nki files (unlocked format)
- – 1.74 GB installed (503 MB Download)
- – 24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo PCM wav format
Rust Vol.1 v2.0 KONTAKT DVDR-KRock