Solo Tenor KONTAKT
AUDIOXiMiK | 13 November 2013 | 117.36 MB
We’re proud to bring you the wondrous wonder of wonderfulness of Olympus Mike-Ro Solo, an ultra-premium virtuoso tenor solo vocal library for Kontakt. After over two years in the making, we’re finally ready to unveil a true masterpiece! This righteous tower of awesome brings cutting edge vocal technology and pristine vocal acrobatics together into a glorious package of amazing musical perfection…
But seriously, Olympus Mike-ro Solo Tenor is just a fun totally functional micropack that shows a little of what goes on behind the scenes at Soundiron as we research new vocal production and sampling methods. When you’re dragging a full choir into a hall to record, it’s generally a good idea to have an idea of what you want them to do before you roll tape. Soundiron’s official in-house trained monkey (Mike Peaslee) likes to fancy himself a singer, usually somewhere in the tenor range. Since he was sadly born without a sense of shame or decorum, he’s literally willing to do anything on command if somebody’s recording. So we tend to use him as a human guinea pig quite a bit.
What you’ll find here is a collection of 5 poly-sustain chants, with Latin and Slavonic Russian content, along with common vowel sustains (Ah, Eh, Oh, Oo) that we recorded during the production of our Olympus Symphonic Choir. These tests helped to inform our approach to editing, recording and programming for solo voice in a hall environment and what we ended up with is a nice little — and quite useful — vocal library.
Despite it’s humble size and scope, this little treat has all the advanced features of our more serious Olympus MIcro Choir. We provide real-time control over dynamic intensity, tempo, playback start position, room decay time and volume, legato transitions, and more. With our full automation support, you can create entirely new phonetic combinations and syllable sequences from the raw material provided here. Full automation support means you can get as creative and complex with your arrangements as you like. The legato system is designed to be fluid for the sustains and automatically phrase-synchronous for the polysustains, so you can play melodies as Mike shamelessly progresses naturally through rhythmic Latin/Russian phrasing.
NKI Program Presets
- This library is designed for the full retail version of Kontakt 5.1.0 or later.
- The free Kontakt Player doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- The special Libraries tab doesn’t support this open-format Kontakt library.
- Solo Tenor Articulations
- Two independent layers — stack your Mikes any way you want
- 2 130BPM Improvised Latin Long Polysustain chants w/ release syllable
- 3 140BPM Russian chromatic Poly-sustain chants w/ release syllable
- “Oo” vowel sustains w/ releases
- 2 separate “Ah” vowel sustains w/ releases
- “Eh” vowel sustains w/ releases
- “Oh” vowel sustains w/ releases
- Use the Offset, Attack & Release controls to shape your own syllables, sustains and phrases
- Automatic polysustain host tempo-synching for Kontakt 5 presets.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Independent Release timing and Release Volume controls, to control room decay
- Dual-layer polyphonic legato with customizable controls
- Independent Pan controls for each Mike
- Bonus Special FX presets for creating atmospheric pads and soundscapes.
- Per-layer polyphonic legato with adjustable speed, interval-range and gliss intensity
- 10 Special FX impulses integrated into the interface to create your own effects
- 10 Natural Environmental Reverb Impulses, including Halls, Cathedrals, Churches, Studios, Bundkers, Garages and more.
- 3-band parametric EQ with sweepable mid
- 3 Bonus Atmospheric FX presets
- 96 samples
- 180 MB Installed
- 5 nki Kontakt instrument presets
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Open format to allow user customization
- Format(s): Kontakt 5.1.0 .nki and pcm .wav