Team SYNTHiC4TE | March 14 2014 | 450 MB
Terracotta comes with 8 ready-made variations; each one of these is instantly playable offering a variety of options for setting the sound in the mix. The variation called Sustained, for example, uses reverse flowerpot samples mixed with an organic sounding pad to create a sound backdrop. Weighted is a preset that uses samples from a larger terracotta bowl to add warmth and more low end to the pots.
Here is the full list of layers in Terracotta:
- Terracotta – the main flowerpot samples.
- Resonation – samples from a large terracotta bowl with a lower pitch.
- Celesta – flowerpot patch altered with a transient shaper to make a softer bell-like sound.
- Steel String – a simple steel string pluck.
- Pad – an organic sounding pad made from granular fiddling.
- Music Box – a simple music box.
- Reverse – these are reverse terracotta samples.
If you have the ‘Info’ button at the top of Kontakt selected, then when you mouse over these controls a brief description will be shown at the bottom.
The custom convolutions are made from a variety of sources; some are synthesised and some are real recordings. It is always surprising which sounds work great as impulses, Shivering Cold for example is a hideous synthesised noise, but when put though a convolution reverb it turns into a beautiful ambient backdrop. You can use these impulses in your other productions; all 21 of them can be found as .wav files in the Resources folder.