Arena v5.1.4 WiN MAC
P2P | 29.04.2017 | WiN: 962 MB | OSX: 1.12 GB
We’re proud to present to you: Arena 5.0. This new major release focusses on video mapping in Arena. It brings zooming. Undo/redo. Slice masking. Poly slices. DMX fixture output. BlackMagic capture device output. Spout. And much much more, read the full release notes on the blog. It’s been 4 years since we introduced Avenue & Arena 4. In those 4 years we released many many updates which brought a lot of improvements, effects and new features. It was time for something new, and we are proud to present to you: Arena 5.
We looked at the most important features that needed to be improved and this was clearly video mapping in Arena. Video mapping has taken the world by storm the past few years. We wanted to make this even easier and even more flexible with Arena 5. With Arena you can take on any size mapping project. Projecting on DJ booths and cars and buildings, as well as pixel mapping giant stages like Ultra. Projection mapping has gone from an artsy curiosity to a requirement in the toolbox of all VJ’s.
With stages becoming bigger and LED resolutions going up it’s now easier to get everything pixel perfect by zooming in to your slices as far you need to make the final adjustment.
Undo (yes really)
In the advanced output you can now undo (and redo) all your actions. This is incredibly handy because video mapping can become quite complex and is not always an exact science. Sometimes you need to fiddle the sliders until it’s pixel perfect. You can now work on a complex mapping with the ease of mind that you can always go back in time, like Doc & Marty.
Polygon slices (poly what?)
This new way of video mapping is so innovative we even had to think of a name for it ;-) We’re calling them Poly Slices. Draw any shape you want and then warp each individual point. Triangles were just the beginning, young grasshopper
Slices and points will jump into place when they get close enough. So you don’t need to find that sweet spot twice.
You can now apply a mask to one specific slice by using the new input masking. You can even draw your own shape from scratch.
Resolume Arena 5.1.4
– [FIXED] Crash when triggering clip before deck is loaded
– [FIXED] Crash when contextual menu is open and active layer is switched
– [FIXED] Crash when switching decks during transition
– [FIXED] Desktop is shown for a moment when using cancel to exit the advanced screen setup
– [FIXED] Invert toggle on AutoMask effect broken
– [FIXED] Transition Mixer dropdown doesn’t update when creating a new composition
– [FIXED] MulitTask mixer no worky on 5.1.3 OSX10.10
– [FIXED] Right clicking parameters in the advanced output changes their range to -1.0…1.0
– [FIXED] Request for RGBAW color space in DMX fixtures
– [FIXED] Right clicking a slice parameter resets it’s value but does not apply it to the slice
– [FIXED] Crash: Rotate a polygon slice in output map like a mad man
– [FIXED] Distorted image when using odd sized image as a mask
– [FIXED] Multiple point selection dragger gets perspective after dragging a perspective handler on a slice