MIDIoverLAN CP v3.3.921 WiN MAC INTERNAL
Team R2R | Dec 02 2015 | WiN: 2.7 MB | MAC: 5.4 MB
Using computers in musical studios has become very common. Now computers not only work as sequencing equipment, but also as multi-track digital audio workstations. In modern studio environments, many computers may be networked locally so that among other things, they can share MIDI data. Use of MIDI cables and hardware MIDI interfaces is now unnecessary. Not only does a local network (LAN) reduce the necessity of using external MIDI hardware, but it may also drastically increase the efficiency and flexibility of such a multi-computer studio. We have been working hard to make our MIDIoverLAN communicate not only between several MIDI applications on a single machine, but between those on several computers, which finally led us to creating a new enhanced version of MIDIoverLAN. It’s now called MIDIoverLAN CP — our MIDI cross-platform solution for communication between MIDI applications over a local area network.
Why cross-platform? MIDIoverLAN CP can now communicate between both PC and Mac (PPC and Intel based) computers, creating a unified MIDI network.
Ever wished you could flow MIDI streams over the local network without torturous setups of MIDI interfaces and cables? Want to get a fast MIDI connection between different applications in your computer? We are proud to announce MIDIoverLAN CP — the cross-platform solution for these problems.
MIDIoverLAN CP is the world’s simplest, robust and unique utility that allows you to:
- Connect MIDI applications running on several locally networked computers. Now you can easily receive/transmit MIDI events from/to remote computers via local network so that you can:
- Synchronize sequencers on several computers
- Synchronously play from several sound sources located on different computers
- Play jam sessions on several computers
- Record music playing back on remote computer
- Open more than one MIDI program! It can share its own ports between (up to 4 for PC version) your favorite MIDI programs.
- Create local MIDI Pipe devices (PC version only) supporting fast MIDI events transfer from MIDI OUT port to MIDI IN port i.e. it allows to direct MIDI OUT stream from one MIDI sequencer to MIDI IN port of another one.
In any case mentioned above you could install your studio connections without traditional MIDI cables wherever it’s possible!
MIDIoverLAN CP is the best choice if you want to:
- Receive/transmit MIDI events from/to remote computers via local network
- Synchronize sequencers or play MIDI over local network
- Run your favorite softsynths on dedicated computer
- Combine the best of all MIDI programs
MIDIoverLAN CP features
- The highest throughput, the lowest latency you have never seen before!
- No IP addresses any more, just computer name configuration!
- Convenient control panel
MIDIoverLAN CP editions / available configurations
Standard / Platinum / Golden edition (depends on license kind) – provides up to 16 / 64 / 128 “MolCp3Port” (both IN/OUT) devices to transfer MIDI streams between several MIDI/Audio oriented applications (sequencers, samplers, softsynths) installed on several computers connected to the same LAN. Each “MolCp3Port” provides 16 MIDI channels.
You can choose the most suitable license configuration from the 8 currently existing MolCp3 license kinds: SE2/PE2/GE2, SE4/PE4/GE4, SE8/PE8/GE8, SE15/PE15/GE15, where SE/PE/GE – 16/64/128 port availability and 2, 4, 8, 15 – max number of MolCp3 hosts. You can also combine 2 or more of the same or different kinds of licenses to fully conform to your rig.
Side Notes: R2R has decided to release some of their earlier INTERNAL releases to the public today. Enjoy
MIDIoverLAN CP v3.3.921 WiN MAC INTERNAL-R2R