RapidComposer v2.9 WiN MAC
TEAM R2R 2015.11.20 | WiN: 64.96 MB | MAC: 36.32 MB
RapidComposer is a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or simply ready to take your music to the next level, RapidComposer is the complete solution you need for faster and more productive music composition.
- Advanced tools for phrase editing, phrase generation, phrase morphing, phrase grouping, motif development, chord progression editing,
- Timeline with chords which all phrases automatically conform to
- Piano roll with scale notes, visually editable chord notes, and smart arranging of overlapped notes in two styles.
- In-place non-destructive phrase-level and note-level editing
- 2D view of the composition with structure editor as opposed to 1D view of DAW applications
- Sophisticated MIDI CC editing and recording
- Articulations can be assigned to phrases or even individual notes
- Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord, chord progression databases,
- Taggable instrument database of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place
- IdeaTool that can generate a multitrack composition based on the provided parameters and rules
- Unlimited undo and the ability to make several versions of the same composition
- Fully customizable user interface with preset themes
- Virtual instruments (VSTi v2.4 plugins) support
- SoundFont (.SF2) support
- Standalone and VST version with 128-channel MIDI output
June 19, 2015: v2.91 (OS X only)
Fix for a hanging bug when clicking on pop-up menus (e.g. when selecting a VST plug-in in the track inspector)
June 16, 2015: v2.9 (OS X and Win)
Harmonization of melody using two different algorithms.
Brand new VST plug-in which communicates with the application through a bridge
The new note inspector lets you conveniently edit the properties of multiple notes, with several transformations on selected notes
Improved rhythm editing
New variation: ‘Simplify Phrase’ to make the rhythm simpler of any phrase
New variation: ‘Adjust Note Lengths v2’ for fine control of note lengths, even with envelopes
New variation: ‘Add Chord Notes’ which is similar to ‘Add Interval’ but adds only chord notes
New variation: ‘Extract Rhythm’
Ghost copies can be moved to other tracks. This opens new possibilities in the program.
It is possible to specify the length of the rhythm to allow rhythmic repetitions for longer phrases.
‘Join Notes’ has a new option to inhibit joining notes at chord boundaries
‘Add Interval’ offers interval of ‘second’
New note mappings: ‘Bass note+semitones’ and ‘Bass note+scale steps’
The application can send certain keystrokes to the VST host in VST bridge mode (see Settings / Miscellaneous)
It is possible to use ‘Render Phrase With Variations’ on absolute phrases.
Octave is not shown in chord names on the master track when using roman numeral notation
Chord inversion is displayed on the master track using less space to improve readability
New phrase generator preview button to play back all other tracks with the phrase
‘Apply’ button is enabled when you edit a phrase from the phrase inspector
‘Add To Clipboard’ button added in the phrase editor
Dragging the piano keyboard vertically and zooming (Ctrl-drag) works in the Phrase Editor and Phrase Inspector
The master track inspector opens when you right-click on the master track header
Pressing Shift during moving or resizing notes will ignore the snap setting
The Idea Tool has a new setting to leave existing track configuration untouched.\tThis means the instruments, variations and MIDI controllers will not be overwritten by the Idea Tool.
Note lengths are not expressed in beats anymore. Quarter note (1/4) is used as a ‘beat’.
[VST] fix a crashing bug during MIDI import
Bug fix: the state of some VST plug-ins were not saved in the history (program change was not always detected)
Bug fix: a MIDI file importing problem when tracks with the same name and channel were treated as one track fixed
Bug fix: sometimes the window became very wide when the application started
Other fixes and increased stability
RapidComposer v2.9 WiN MAC-R2R