Steinberg Nuendo v18.104.22.1688-H2O
TEAM H2O | 25.12.2005 | 156 MB
Nuendo 3 is another huge step in the development of Steinberg’s professional media production system. With an extensive set of new features for audio post production including AAF support, a new set of media management tools, Pinnacle X-Send integration and Warp to Picture functionality, plus many new features for top-level recording studios and surround producers. Nuendo 3 is one of the most powerful tools for any kind of media production available anywhere. Nuendo 3 is designed to serve the needs for everyone producing sound for film, television, video or game. The new version of Steinberg’s renowned media production system offers more features for post production than ever before and also sets new standards in surround production. An extensive set of new features for “traditional” stereo audio production and an overall enhancement of many existing functions make Nuendo one of the most powerful tools for any kind of media production available anywhere.
- * Recording, editing and mixing with up to 192-kHz and 24-bit processing power (pristine 32-bit floating point internal resolution)
- * Intuitive handling and extensive customization options to accelerate workflow
- * Projects port readily to and from all standard audio and video cutting systems
- * Powerful multi-channel capability throughout the signal path
- * Awesome-sounding 32-bit Audio Engine optimized for multiprocessor operation
- * Up to 192 physical inputs/outputs alongside freely selectable audio hardware
- * Smooth, seamless integration into LAN and WAN environments
- * Cross-platform product (Mac OS X/Windows XP)
New features in Nuendo 3.2:
- Completely separate output busses for Control Room- and Headphone Monitoring are available in order to leave the Main Mix output untouched by Control Room specific settings.
- Four user specific Monitor Setups allow quick switching between monitoring systems including “Foldback” and easy solo functionality for surround environments such as “Solo to Center” and “Back to Front”.
- Up to six External Inputs like DAT, Tape, CD or any other can quickly be selected for immediate playback to any Studio, Track, Headphone or Control Room Bus. A maximum of four separate Studios can be setup each getting their signal feeds from any audio channel, group channel or fx return channel inside the regular Nuendo mixer which now all feature dedicated Studio Sends with level and pan as well as Pre Fader/Post Fader switch.
- Talkback functionality allowing engineers and producers to speak directly to musicians, narrators or other artists in any of the Studios.
- Automatic and manual Dim is available to avoid feedback or quickly reduce control room level.
- A separate “Click Bus” allows individual distribution of the metronome signal to Studios, Headphone and Control Room bus each with different level and panning if desired.
- Assigning a present main mix to all or any selected Studio can be executed by a simple key command allowing to quickly setup a rough mix for the Studio from which adaptations to meet the desire of the artists can quickly be achieved.
- Physically controlling the new Control Room features can be achieved with help of the WK Audio ID Controller (now also available under OSX with Nuendo 3.2) which from the beginning had all needed hardware elements built in.
- The Euphonix EuCon adapter just recently introduced as a potential addon for Nuendo 3.1 is being further developed for Nuendo 3.2 by adding support for the optional dual automated joysticks allowing for direct control of the Nuendo surround panner.
- The Metering Fallback Time calculation been changed to a dB relative mode preventing the meters from falling too quickly especially in the lower part of the meter scale.
- The quality of the Sample Rate Conversion has been optimized in order to further minimize aliasing effects and grant even more authentic sample material after conversion.
- A switchable Normalization mode has been implemented into MixConverter allowing to choose whether the output configuration of MixConverter is being normalized. Activating the Normalization will ensure that the output signal level of a specific speaker equals the original inputs level of the same speaker.
- A new preference is available defining the Nuendo behaviour when importing a video file into the application. Extracting Audio and Generating Thumbnail Cache can be defined to be either activated or off globally for drag&drop or manual import to pool/project.
- A new Preference has been implemented making it possible to decide on a global level if the Send Routing Panners are linked to the Channel Panner or not making it redundant to set this separately for every project.
- Always on Top options enabling windows to float on top of all other Nuendo application windows for the VST Connections window and the VST Plugin Info window have been added.