Virtual ANS – Multi-Platform Virtual Synthesizer
Alexander Zolotov | iOS | ANDROiD | WiN | MAC | LiNUX | 5 MB
Alexander Zolotov has released Virtual ANS, a free virtual analog synthesizer which is available for numerous platform (including Windows, Android, etc.).
Virtual ANS is a full-featured professional tool which allows you to create unusual, deep, atmospheric sounds. With this app you can draw a complete piece of music, or convert sound to image (sonogram) and then make some complex sonogram modifications.
Virtual ANS is available for free download via Alexander Zolotov’s website (4.5 MB download size, available in standalone format for Windows, Mac, Linus, Android, and iOS in near future).
The instrument is an emulation of the unique photoelectronic vintage synthesizer called ANS (named in the honor of Alexander Nikolayevich Scriabin), which was constructed by the Russian engineer Evgeny Murzinin back in the days of the Soviet Union. Virtual ANS brings most of the functionality of the old synth to multiple modern software platforms.
It features a VA engine, unlimited tone generators and a sonogram editor (it lets you draw the sound spectrum of the tone and play the notes at the same time). It can load WAV files and pictures, and supports MIDI input an all platforms except for Android.
- unique Virtual Analog sound engine;
- unlimited number of pure tone generators;
- powerful sonogram editor – you can draw the spectrum and play it at the same time;
- any sound (from a WAV file or a Microphone/Line-in) can be converted to image (sonogram) and vice versa;
- MIDI Input (only for Windows, Linux, OSX and iOS);
- supported file formats: WAV (only uncompressed PCM), PNG, JPEG, GIF, VNS (Virtual ANS 1.x);
- supported sound systems: ASIO, DirectSound, MME, ALSA, OSS, JACK (iOS and Linux), Audiobus;
- iOS: iTunes File Sharing;
- iOS: Wi-Fi Export/Import;
- more functions in the next Virtual ANS updates…
Check out the Virtual ANS demo video: