Virtual MiDi Driver
CoolSoft has updated the VirtualMIDISynth software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device.
v.1.7.0 – 2013-02-07
- NEW: Polish language (thanks to SuperGod)
- NEW: Indonesian language (thanks to Latiful)
- NEW: Swedish language (thanks to Magnus Johansson)
- NEW: Added support for GM/GM2/GS/XG instrument names, now correctly shown on MIDI Mixer
- NEW: Added an activity indicator on each MIDI channel, useful to quickly see which channel is actually playing
- NEW: MIDI Mixer can now be moved by clicking (and dragging) anywhere on it
- NEW: Added support for MIDI running status bit (some players call it “redundant MIDI data”)
- FIX: Fixed a small memory leak in Mixer drawing functions
v.1.6.3 – 2013-01-10
- NEW: German language (thanks to Markus Stein)
- New: Rewritten configurator with a new tabbed interface; now it could contain the new options in a more clean GUI.
- New: Lot of new settings added:
- advanced” settings to reduce CPU requirements disabling some features (like effects, polyphony, …).
- output audio device selection.
- automatically open MIDI Mixer while playing.
- raise MIDI player process priority to “High priority”.
- enabling audio hardware mixing.
- audio output buffer size (default 250ms).
- New: Option to preload the whole soundfont file into memory before play (enabled by default). It increases the required memory and adds a small delay at start, but also gives a smoothest play because samples are already available in memory.
- New: Horizontal scrollbar into soundfont list to allow reading long filenames.
- New: Better loking mixer VUMeter bar, it now appears like a LED stripe.
- New: Mixer level meter now shows the running average of output level instead of the instant value, making it more realistic and “analogic”.
- New: Increased channel name font size and enabled cleartype drawing.
VirtualMIDISynth is a software MIDI synthesizer implemented as a Windows multimedia user driver, accessible as a standard MIDI Out device.
It works on Windows XP / Vista / Win 7, Win 8, both 32 and 64 bits, and is based on the great BASS library from un4seen.
NOTE: MIDI application must be 32bit.
VirtualMIDISynth is available as freeware for Windows PC. Donations are appreciated.