Blue Cat Audio Protector v2.0 x86 x64 PROPER
CHAOS | March 22 2013 | 19 MB
Blue Cat’s Protector is a 0 dB stereo brickwall limiter with adjustable dynamics response. It will typically find its place on the master bus of your DAW to protect your audio output from overshoot, limit the general volume and improve the perceived loudness, thanks to a very transparent frequency response. Despite its very simple set of controls, it offers a wide range of sounds and it is also suitable as a track limiter for more creative effects such as distortion, pumping or heavy limiting. Its large colorful meters and its custom dynamics histogram provide premium visual feedback and make it the perfect tool to monitor and control the dynamics on your master buss. You can also check in real time the loudness boost obtained with the limiter. Beyond its powerful dynamics processing features, and like most of our plug-ins, Blue Cat’s Protector also offers a powerful side chain capability thanks to its MIDI CC output. This unique technique not only lets you do side chain limiting but also parameters modulation: control any parameter of any plugin to create powerful side chain effects in real time. If you are looking for a complete dynamics processing solution, you might be interested in Blue Cat’s Dynamics plugin.
PROPER Notes: This release includes both x86 and x64 versions
- 0 dB brickwall peak limiter and waveshaper.
- Continuous control of the dynamics response from transparent limiting to colorful distortion.
- Stereo link control.
- DC Filter to get rid of DC offset.
- Large zoomable peak and RMS audio levels and gain reduction meters for optimal monitoring.
- Loudness boost monitoring.
- Fully configurable dynamics response histogram.
- Side chaining capability: a unique way to perform side chain compression and much more.
- No latency.
- Brand new fully customizable user interface.
- New gain reduction history display.
- New input and output RMS meters.
- The meters can now be zoomed to improve their precision.
- New average loudness boost meter.
- New DC Filter to kill DC offset.
- New integrated presets manager:
- Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface.
- Organize presets with folders.
- Customize the default preset.
- Exchange presets easily.
- Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter.
- Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
- AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows.
- Improved the algorithms for increased precision of the limiter.
- Side chaining made easy: the MIDI and automation side chaining capabilities can now be fully configured within the main user interface.
- Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
- The plug-in now appears in the “Dynamics” category in Pro Tools.
- Changed the default VST install path on Windows.
- License is now shared between plug-ins type (register only once for all formats).
- Added new presets.
- Improved value display in fine edit window.
- Optimizations and Performance Improvements:
Reduced VST plug-in loading time.
Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).
- Fixed presets-related crashes in Cubase on Mac.
- Fixed user interface display issues in Wavelab on Mac.
- Fixed MIDI output for 64-bit VST version.
Blue Cat Audio Protector v2.0 x86 x64 PROPER-CHAOS