Clipshifter v2.2.1 AU VST VST3 MAC OSX
Team R2R | 2013.11.20 | 6.02 MB
“The latest addition to my mastering chain is ClipShifter. It’s the plugin I was looking for a long time and it even surprised me with a whole bunch of additional useful features. It’s a must have for modern urban and dance production!”
Clip, Compress, Distort, or Limit: you get to choose
ClipShifter is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter. It provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages: from distorting basses and drums, to maximizing mix buses and warming-up overall mixes. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression.
ClipShifter can function as a static clipping effect, but it can also respond to the transient qualities of the incoming signal. The threshold for clipping can be set to either rise or fall as the level of audio increases. The speed can be set using the Attack Time control and the Fast Release button. Let the transients through while distorting the rest, or distort that initial bass thump while letting the rest sound clean. A new feature in version 2.2 is the independent Left/Right (or Mid/Side) Threshold Control. Choose between Independent, Maximum, or Average to determine how the the clipping thresholds dynamically change.
Dial-in the sound of your choice, from heavy distortion to subtle compression
ClipShifter includes controls to change the clip shape and to adjust the harmonic content. Setting the Clip Shape control to maximum produces a hard-clipped sound, while lesser settings verge on subtle compression with minimal auditory distortion. The harmonics control allows you to control the amount of even-order and odd-order distortion.
Choose your frequencies (paid feature)
The multiband crossover gives you finer control. The revised 3-band crossover controls lets you pick which frequencies are processed, and which frequencies are passed through to the output. Each of the three frequencies can be processed independently for maximum versatility. For example, you can choose to process the middle band without processing the hi or low frequencies. The Gain Select control determines if you want the EQ gains to be applied before clipping, after clipping, or as a SideChain effect (i.e., increases and decreases of gain are nullified post processing).
Oversampling & Doubling (paid feature)
Oversampling improves the audio quality on maximum-clipped sounds. For many digital effects, oversampling improves the audio by reducing aliasing effects. ClipShifter internally filters and processes audio at 2X, 4X, or 8X the sample rate to reduce aliasing artifacts. The Double feature processes that entire audio through the clipping algorithm an additional time. This prevents any “overs” (when using ClipShifter as a brickwall limiter) and also alters the harmonic content of the output.
Mid/Side Processing (paid feature)
Similarly to the multiband frequency control, ClipShifter 2.2 allows you to process stereo information separately through the clipping algorithm. The revised M/S controls provide independent clipping processing to the Mid and Side channels. Controls for Gain and Width lets you tailor the output of ClipShifter to the desired depth of stereo field.
- Clipping style limiter: from transparent sounding compression to hard clipping distortion
- Controls for Clip Shape (hard to soft) and harmonics (even- and odd-order), so you can be in control of the sound
- Low CPU usage for running multiple instances on multiple tracks
- Visual display of signals using VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters to easily monitor input and output levels
- Scalable waveform history view with click-and-drag editing of threshold controls to easily change and set clipping levels based on the incoming signal
- 3-band crossover (paid feature) control utilizing 4th order LR filters for flat crossover response
- Independent frequency clipping (paid feature) to target the right frequencies for processing
- Selectable EQ gain controls that can be used pre- or post-processing
- Oversampling with Double Processing (paid feature) at 2X, 4X, and 8X the incoming sample rate for reducing aliasing
Clipshifter v2.2.1 AU VST VST3 MAC OSX-R2R