MQ57 – Free Parametric Mastering EQ
J1000 has released MQ57, a parametric mastering equalizer VST plugin for Windows.
MQ57 is parametric equalizer designed for mastering. The main difference from other, standard EQs is that MQ57 has all controls and functions optimized for mastering needs, i.e., it has relatively wide Q factors that focus on overall balance rather than narrow cuts and boosts, moderate gain ranges for fine-tuning and functions such as channel balance, spectrum tilting and pass filters.
Main features of MQ57:
- 7 parametric minimum-phase filters per channel, (5 peak and 2 shelf)
- Functions and ranges optimized for subtle equalization tasks
- Stereo and dual-mono operating modes, either Mid/Side or Left/Right
- High-pass and low-pass, specialized balance and tilt controls
- 32-bit internal precision with zero latency and low CPU consumption
- No introduced harmonic or dynamic distortion
MQ57 is available for free download via J1000.